+27 21 8135868
TourSA are sales representatives for SANParks
at no extra cost to our clients
New to Area
Enquire / Book Now
Inclusions / Exclusions
Terms & Conditions
Namaqua National Park
in Namaqua National Park
Namaqualand has a reputation for its brilliant colours from the wild flower displays in Spring. Namaqua National Park preserves this unforgettable picture with its valleys filled with spring flowers.
During early August and September, dry valleys of Namaqualand are transformed into a beautiful wonderland with wildflowers. Namaqualand is home to the richest bulb flora of any arid region in the world and more than a 1 000 of its estimated 3 500 plant species are found nowhere else on earth.
The Namaqua National Park is situated near Kamieskroon . Skilpad Rest Camp provides 4 chalets
Room Description at :
Chalet (CH2/4)(CH2/4Z accessible to the mobility challenged)
- Base rate 2 people - Max 4 people
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- 3/4 Sleeper Couch suitable for 1adult / 2 Children
- Airconditioned bedroom
- Ceiling Fan
- Enclosed veranda with dining area - Indoor fireplace, braai area outside - PROVIDE OWN FIREWOOD
- Open plan lounge / kitchen area
- 220V Electricity
- Wc and shower
- Limited road network for sedan vehicles - No shop, restaurant or filling station in Park
Inclusions / Exclusions
Namaqualand falls within the winter rainfall region of South Africa. The highest rainfall period is between June to August. Average winter temperatures vary between 7 degrees and 19 degrees Celsius, while summer temperatures vary between 20 degrees and 32 degrees Celsius.
Account for all current visitors to the park.
08:00 to 17:00.
- Pets are not allowed in a National Park.
- Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery)
- South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations are only allowed to accept legitimate petrol / fuel / garage cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase. (Unfortunately no credit cards will be accepted as payment for fuel at any fuel stations.)
- Vehicle repairs, post office and police services are available at Kamieskroon.
- It is an offence to pick flowers or to remove plants or any other material from the park.
- There are limited toilet facilities in the park.
- Medical services only in Springbok, which is 67 km away.
There is one chalet equipped for the mobility challenged.